Im really tired but really happy. Today was my first day at work and it went really well, it was really hard and Im bruised as hell but a new job is what I needed! Fresh starts and all. Moving on from the old stuff which i definitely needed to do :-) Then doctor who has topped my night it was so fucking good and a long phone call with my bestfriend who I havent seen for weeks. Same tomorrow at work then out to sell some drawings Ive done for some people and then Lana del rey monday in hammersmith with my friend lilly and then a night out up town with a VIP booth. Dont mind if I do, well earned I’d say. I just hope my following week flows the same! Night people!
that’s pretty cool
Thankyou, I cant wait to see everyone elses! and I didnt unfortunately I made a font out of one of my favourite illustrators hand writing because it is beyond beautiful. Though I could probably produce something similar myself I just dont have anyway of getting it from paper to the computer screen keeping it good quality! x
Thankyou so much!x
My hair colour is just luck im affraid. I dyed it a few times, stripped it, got it high lighted, bleached ,dyed etc. and this is the out come and I would not recommend it! My hair is in awful condition from trying to get it back to my natural colour from almost black/ red/ purple. My sister who is a hair dresser usually does the highlights other than that its all done by me! and its ok X
My submission page is now active! HERE
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
— (via sheistemporary)